Over time, I’ve been building up an archive of useful information on travel- how to travel, where to travel, things to do, etc. If you’re feeling inspired to hit the road, I’ve put this list together as a resource list for you to refer to helpful information. Happy travels!
If you feel like you can’t travel…
Yes, you CAN travel! The #1 thing I encourage on this blog is that YOU can, and should, hit the road. Live life to the fullest! Here are some tips and inspiration to get you started:
- The Struggle is Worth it.
- Think You Can’t Afford to Travel? Read This.
- Overcoming Obstacles
- On Traveling While Working Full Time
- Take the Risk: Travel is Worth it.
- Travel is my Renewal
- Create the Future
- Pura Vida
- Turn Your Next Work Trip Into a Mini-Getaway
If you’re looking for some travel tips…
I’ve got a whole section on the blog dedicated to travel tips, but I’ll put some top tips here for you in an easy to navigate list. Be sure to check out the Travel Tips tab on the site for even more tips, though!
Paying for Travel
- How to Make a Long-Haul Flight Less Horrible
- How Not to Feel Gross After a Long Flight
- Don’t Let Jet Lag Get You Down! How to Quickly Adjust to a New Time Zone.
Health and Fitness
General Travel Tips
If you’re looking for some inspiration…
Check out my Inspiring Traveler Interview series! I love interviewing people who have made travel their lifestyle, learning about their lives, how they did it, and of course picking up a few of their tips to share with all of you! You can read the stories of inspirational travelers here.
If you need some destination inspiration…
- So…you want to travel, but you’re not sure where to go. You’ve come to the right place! Simply go to the Destinations tab on this site and hover over it. Then you can browse posts about destinations from all over the world, featuring wanderlust, tips, real travel stories, guest posts, and more. I’m constantly adding these posts, so check back over time for even more content.
- I’ve also got an ongoing series called Wanderlust Wednesday, where every Wednesday a new destination is featured to help fuel your wanderlust. You can check out all those posts here.
If you’re really here to talk about food…
I love food! I have a section on the site called Taste where posts about food are featured. Also, since I must follow a strict gluten free diet, I’ve featured posts with information about dining gluten free while traveling here.
Some articles about food:
- Food to Take Hiking With You
- Eating Gluten Free in Australia
- An Ode to San Diego’s Taco Scene
- Food and Travel
- Essential Things to Eat in Hawaii
- A few days in Brussels, Belgium.
- An Entire Post Dedicated to In-N-Out Burger
- Explore the Best Dining Experiences in Melbourne
- Up Your Food Game on Your Next Camping Trip
If you want to visit California…
I have a special section about California because, as a native Californian, I have a lot to say on the topic. Simply click on the ‘California’ tab, or hover over it and choose the specific area of California you’re thinking about visiting, and see posts with stories, photos, and travel tips to help you plan your journey. Also, welcome to my home, I hope you enjoy it!
If you want to read my stories from the road…
I’ve sectioned off the ‘travelogues’ on this site into the ‘Anecdotes‘ category on the site. Go there if you want to read about my adventures!
If you’re looking for guest posts…
I love guest posts! My philosophy is that I’ve got this great platform to share travel knowledge and stories with the world, but I’ve only been so many places and had so many experiences. Guest posts allow me to not only help out fellow travel bloggers by increasing their reach, but they also allow me to provide perspectives and experiences other than my own with all of you. You can read all of the previous guest posts and travel interviews on the blog here, and if you’re interested in contributing a guest post of your own, you can read all about how to do that here.
A lot of my readers are other travel bloggers. I’m proud to be a part of this amazing community, so I’ve started a section dedicated to talking about travel blogging. Whether it’s your hobby or you want to make it your career, we can all learn from one another. I talk about travel blogging here.
Travel and Careers.
Perhaps you have a full time job and you just want to make travel a bigger part of your life. Perhaps you want to make a huge change and make travel your career. I love exploring this topic and you’ll find some helpful information about traveling more while still paying the bills on this tab.
Lastly, please let me know if there is something you would be interested in seeing on the blog. I hope you enjoy the posts, and happy travels!